Applications to Applegarth Primary School
All applications must be made via the NYCC admissions arrangements. We encourage families considering applying for a place in Reception to visit the Reception Starters page and book a place on one of our open evenings.
All year groups have a maximum Pupil Access Number (PAN) of 40, however, the maximum individual class size is 30. From September 2023, our PAN will reduce to 30.
- Admissions Policy (2023-2024)
- Co-ordinated Admission Arrangements (2023-2024)
- Determined Arrangements Notice (2023-2024)
- Primary Admission Numbers (2023-2024)
The Equality Act 2010 prohibits schools and authorities from discriminating against disabled children and young people in respect of admissions for a reason related to their disability. In addition, the School Admissions Code of Practice requires children and young people with SEND to be treated fairly. Admissions authorities:
- must consider applications from parents of children who have SEN but do not
have an EHC plan on the basis of the school’s published admissions criteria
as part of normal admissions procedures
- must not refuse to admit a child who has SEN but does not have an EHC
plan because they do not feel able to cater for those needs
- must not refuse to admit a child on the grounds that they do not have an
Telephone 01609 533679 for help and support or email: email@example.com
You may need a product like Adobe Reader (free download) to view our PDF documents on our website.