We are a supportive, safe and aspirational school with a proud heritage and ambitious vision to build a thriving and inclusive community.
Our vision for Applegarth is that:
- Our learners will be confident and aspirational individuals, who have high expectations of themselves and are courageous risk-takers, ready for the next step in their lives.
- High standards will be achieved through a rich, contextually-relevant and exciting curriculum that provides memorable experiences through inspirational teaching, high-quality educational visits and input from experts.
- Pupils from all backgrounds, contexts and starting points will have achieved exemplary academic progress and personal development, where talents have been quickly identified and effectively nurtured.
- Our school community will be able to celebrate their own unique qualities whilst showing respect and care for the diverse and ever-changing world around them.
- We will be proud to say that we have fulfilled the purpose of being the model school at the heart of our town and county.
Written in July 2021 after extensive collaboration with pupils, staff, governors, families, local residents and stakeholders in the wider community.